Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pork Chops for the Slow Cooker

Ingredients:
  • 6 boneless pork chops
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Place pork chops in slow cooker.
  2. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops.
  3. Cook on low setting for 6 hours, until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F.
For good measure I threw in some baby carrots and some chunks of celery. I've never tried to slow cook pork chops but I was watching Food Network yesterday which got me going on my own search for an easy recipe for slow cooked pork chops.

Also, I'm terrible and don't have any cloves of garlic (mental note to get some!) and had to Google what the equivalent is of garlic powder. For those of you wondering, 1 clove of garlic = 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.

***SEND IT BACK***
I tried this one tonight, too. It was so gross. I'm not a fan of ginger and Rocky's not a fan of soy sauce. There was too much of both in this recipe and will not be gracing our table ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment