Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hearty Baked Beans and Chops

From the Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-6 hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5-quart
Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
  • 2 16 1/2-oz. cans baked beans
  • 6 rib pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
  • 1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. ketchup
  • 6 onion slices, 1/4-inch thick
Directions:
  1. Pour baked beans into bottom of greased slow cooker.
  2. Layer pork chops over beans.
  3. Spread mustard over pork chops. Sprinkle with brown sugar and drizzle with ketchup.
  4. Top with onion slices.
  5. Cover. Cook on High 4-6 hours.
This was pretty good. I didn't use rib pork chops only because I only like the boneless center loin cut and so that's pretty much all that I buy. I forgot to grease the bottom of the slow cooker, but the beans luckily didn't burn or stick to the bottom. Just to be safe, though, I'm making sure to grease it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment