Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Marinated Cucumbers

I love cucumbers! I love them straight out of the refrigerator sliced up all by themselves. I love them in salads. And I especially love them as pickles! My grandma has made this as a side dish before and I love it because it involves dill so it comes out nice and tangy. I had never made it before until last night and I can't figure out why. It was so simple to make and oh so good.

Ingredients:
  • 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 2 tablespoons chopped dill
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • dash pepper

Directions:

  1. Combine sliced cucumbers with all other ingredients; cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.

Marinated cucumbers recipe serves 4-6.

I used just plain white vinegar since the recipe didn't specify what kind to use and I used dried dill weed instead of freshly chopped. Also, I peeled the cumber before slicing it--normally I like to eat the skin but when I've had this made for me the cucumbers have been peeled. Also, I combined everything but the cucumbers first and then poured it over the cucumbers before stirring it all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment